PROHIBITION: The Music of Moulin Rouge, Boardwalk Empire and More! Imagine time-traveling through the dark cabarets and speakeasies of New York, Paris, Berlin, London, Chicago, and Atlantic City, reliving the 1920s in all its decadence… Prohibition, Gangsters, Ingenues, and Intrigue. Accompanied by vintage imagery, Prohibition takes you on a journey from Rudy Vallée and Josephine Baker to Kurt Weill and Marlene Dietrich, featuring the top hits of the decade authentically arranged for orchestra by Grammy-winner Jeff Tyzik and performed by three stunning vocalists. Prohibition, while suitable for all ages, contains adult themes and imagery.
SETTING THE TONE
Orchestras are encouraged to stream Schirmer Theatrical’s curated playlist of music in the style of Prohibition, in the house or lobby, 30-minutes prior to the start of the concert.
REMEMBER AND RECREATE THE DECADE OF DECADENCE
Performance with the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra, Kodak Hall (September 2019)
- Concert Duration: approx. 95 min (inclusive of 20 min intermission)
- Instrumentation: 3 vocalists + 2(pic).0.2asx(ssx).tsx.barsx.2.0/2.2b-flat.2.1/2perc(timp).dmkt/hp/pf/egtr(bjo).db/str
- Marketing Assets: Available Here
- Technical Rider: Available Here
- Social Distancing: Options Available Here